Sunday, August 11, 2019

Field Mice and Strawberry Jam - Hello Bluebird Stamps

I'm back with a new card for Hello Bluebird Stamps where I've combined two of their newer stamp sets Field Mice and Strawberry Jam.  Also used in this project is the Grassy Knoll die and both the Gallery Frame #2 and Gallery Frame #1 die (underneath).


I ink blended a panel of white cardstock using Distress Oxide Ink in Spun Sugar, softly creating a focal point.  To this I adhered a white die cut of the Gallery Frame #1 die.  Next, I ink blended a panel of cardstock using Distress Ink in Lucky Clover and I die cut with the Grassy Knoll die to create the grass edge which I trimmed to size and added to the panel with a little dimensional foam tape behind it.  I then die cut more white cardstock with the Gallery Frame #2 die and I backed this with foam tape and layered it over the other frame.


On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my images from Field Mice and Strawberry Jam using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  These images were watercolour painted using Kuretake Zigs in Oatmeal, Beige, Light Pink, Yellow and  Turquoise Green.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and then the images were die cut.

I figured out where the sentiment from Strawberry Jam would fit perfectly and stamped the sentiment.  I backed the images with foam tape and applied them to the scene.


The panel was attached to a 110lb white cardstock base and I used Nuvo Drops to embellish the scene.

Thank you for stopping by to read about this sweet and joyful summer scene.   I'll be back before you know it with a new card!  Happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment