Friday, May 10, 2019

Fly A Kite - Hello Bluebird

Hello and thank you for coming by my blog today to read about my latest card for  Hello Bluebird.  This card uses Fly A Kite from the most recent release.



This card started with a panel of white cardstock.  I used one of  my cloud stencils and Distress Oxide Ink in Peacock Feathers to stencil/ink blend the background.  I also die cut another white panel twice with the Grassy Knoll Die and ink blended with Distress Oxide Ink in Spun Sugar.  Each piece was then simply die cut to provide the faux stitched edge.



I backed the grass pieces with a combination of tape runner tape and dimensional foam tape and adhered them to the cloud background and in turn adhered that to a sturdy 110lb white cardstock base and set it to one side.



I stamped my images from Fly A Kite onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted everything using the following limited palette of Kuretake Zigs in Light Pink, Gray Brown, Beige, Natural Gray and Turquoise Green.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and then they were die cut, backed with foam tape and applied to the scene.



The sentiment was stamped using the same Potting Soil Ink onto a die cut sentiment strip from the Tag Builder Die set, backed with foam tape and adhered.  The card was simply finished with some flat cup sequins by Pretty Pink Posh.

Hope you enjoyed the card, I'll be back tomorrow with a new one!!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment