Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Lunar Animals Infinity Shaker - Mama Elephant

It's been a little while since I made one of my infinity shaker cards but when I saw the Big Happy Birthday Die by Mama Elephant that I'd probably be making a few of them.  I love a bold sentiment like this and I decided to go back and show Lunar Animals some love!



For my card I cut an A2 panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock.  I ink blended it using Festive Berries Distress Ink making it slightly darker at the top and fading it gradually towards the bottom.  I then laid over a starry stencil I have (you could use anything you like and through that I applied white pigment ink.  I removed the stencil and once dry I die cut my panel using the die from Mama Elephant's Cloud 9.



I then took a stamp storage pocket  and slid the 5 1/2 inch length of my background panel into the 5 1/2 width of the storage pocket.  Now, you want and need for this to be a very snug fit but obviously you don't want the panel to bend.  Take your time and ease it in carefully all the way to the bottom of the pocket.  If it is not very snug you will lose some shaker contents around the back of the panel.



I then flex the storage pocket open, slightly bending the panel so that I can accurately pour in my shaker contents.  I keep adding and checking my quantities until I have the right look and quantity.  You can use anything you like including micro beads seed beads, sequins and other shaker fillers.  Once I'm happy I then lay the unit flat on the my craft table and firmly wrap the other 50% of the storage pocket around the back of the panel ... doubling it back on itself and I stick it down with generous amounts of my Scotch Tape Runner tape.  I then adhere the pocket to my A2 card base.  I recommend 110lb cardstock because the base has to support some weight.

All of the rest of decoration of this card is on top of the storage pocket.  I die cut the sentiment twice, sticking one layer to the next and then I adhered that to the front and the Lunar Animals were stamped with Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil on Bristol Smooth.  They were watercolour painted using the following Kuretake Zigs, Yellow, Orange, Light Pink, Light Carmine, Carmine Red, Light Gray, Mid Gray, Dark Gray, Beige, Oatmeal and Brown.  They were die cut and also applied after adding their little party hats.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and with that, another card is complete!



I think this card would be loved for kids and big kids alike!  The contents move about freely and make a satisfying noise - using seed beads as part of the mix particularly helps with this and they help to move the sequin mix around.

See you next time!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment