Monday, April 29, 2019

Peonies - Pretty Pink Posh

Breaking news!!! I actually dusted off my Copics for this card!  This is only the second time I've ever used them, as you know if you are a regular visitor to my blog I watercolour paint 99.9999% of the time.  I love Peonies so much and was so happy when Pretty Pink Posh released a Peonies stamp set.  The new release is now available for you to buy!



My card also uses the new Lattice Die which I used to cut a panel of Kraft cardstock but I didn't pop out the negative cuts and dispose of them, I kept the die cut 'as is', backed it with tape runner tape and applied it to a white cardstock base.  I set this to one side for the time being.



On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped my images using Memento black ink.  I used the following Copic colours for this project. RV000, RV02, RV04, RV09.  Also Y15, YG13, G21 and G28.  I highlighted a few points on the leaves with a white gel pen and all images were die cut using the coordinating dies.

I decided on a layout for the blooms and leaves and I then backed each element with varying amounts of foam tape to build a highly dimensional card and adhered them to the lattice background.



The final touch was to grab a leftover strip of black cardstock from my stash and I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink then heat embossed in white.  These too were backed with foam tape and applied.

A few sparkling clear sequins of various sizes were applied for dewy accents.  I also added a few dots of a glimmering gel pen into the yellow centres of the flowers for added interest, it is super subtle and only shows when the card is handled which I love.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Nicky x

4 comments:

  1. Wow what an amazing card.♥ Your Copic coloring is adorable, hope to see more.♥
    Hugs
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela! I think I'll always be a watercolour painter but I do aim to add more Copic projects to my craft line up!

      Delete
  2. 😮 Well, that's just unfair! Your second time with Copics, and your amazing peonies turned out like THIS?! What a stunning bouquet, Nicky! Love how you did the background, too!

    ReplyDelete