Friday, April 26, 2019

Sweet Occasions Birthday Card - Purple Onion Designs

I have a very girly birthday card for you today that I think falls into the 'Clean and Simple' genre, which I love but don't do enough of.  I've switched it up with a baby pink background.  This card uses stamps from the Sweet Occasions theme by Stacey Yacula Studio at Purple Onion Designs.



From a sheet of pink cardstock I created an A2 card base which I set to one side for later.  I also created a smaller panel by die cutting it with a die by MFT.  I prepped the surface of the panel with my embossing buddy and then stamped and embossed both the Confetti image and the sentiment which is from the Marquee Sentiment Set using Versamark Ink and superfine white embossing powder.



On Strathmore Bristol Smooth I stamped the images from Sweet Occasions using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.

All images were watercolour painted using the following:-

Arteza - Mint Green.  Tombow ABT in shade 761 and Kuretake Zigs in Oatmeal, Mid Gray, Orange and Light Pink.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen.

I fussy cut the images, backed them foam tape and applied them.



To finish up, I backed the panel with a cut to size piece of white craft foam and applied it to the card base and I embellished simply with 4 sparkling clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh.

I'll be back with a new project before you know it - thank you for coming by the blog to read today.

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment