Monday, February 25, 2019

Cotton Candy - Avery Elle

Hi everyone, I'm sharing a cheerful and delicious shaker card made using the Cotton Candy stamp set and coordinating Elle-ments.  If you don't have a sweet tooth you just might have one by the end of this post!



My card started with me using StazOn White Pigment Ink to stamp the Cotton Candy image and sentiment onto acetate.  I used my Misti to do this so that it wouldn't slide around on the shiny surface as I stamped and I was sure of a nice crisp stamped image.  I set this to one side to dry for about 10 minutes.



Meanwhile I ink blended a panel with Distress Oxides in Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, Squeezed Lemonade and Cracked Pistachio.  I also took the smaller of the two Cotton Candy dies and die cut another panel of white cardstock.  With the acetate now dry I layered the die cut panel over the stamped image, securing it with my tape runner.  I then flipped over the panel and used extra thick dimensional foam tape to create a shaker unit and also the foam tape was added around the outside so that it was all stable and level. 



I filled the space with my chosen shaker contents which I blended together myself but perhaps the most impactful are the Sprinkles by Little Things From Lucy's Cards, but I also mixed in some seed beads that I had in pink, white and clear, then sealed them in by backing the unit with the ink blended panel and in turn the entire shaker unit was adhered to a sturdy 110lb white cardstock base.

Card complete!  I hope you enjoyed it and are feeling inspired, I will be back with a new card VERY soon!

Nicky x

1 comment: