Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Darling Dragonflies - Pretty Pink Posh

Hello friends, I'm back with another card for Pretty Pink Posh, this time I'm playing with their Darling Dragonflies stamp set.



My card started with a panel that I ink blended with Distress Inks in Shabby Shutters, Squeezed Lemonade and Tattered Rose.  Using a toothbrush I also spritzed my project using the green and pink inks.  This panel was die cut to provide the faux stitched edge.   I took another panel of cardstock and at one end I repeated the green shade and process to distress it, the other end was left white.  I die cut the panel once again to give the stitched edge and then I used one of the dies from Stitched Borders 2 and cut twice to give me a cloud and a grassy bank.



Using my Misti I stamped the sentiment from Love Sentiments with Versamark Ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I repeated this twice so that the sentiment was very raised - unfortunately it refused to photograph well lol!

I applied the panel to my card base and layered on the cloud and grassy bank with dimensional foam tape.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my images from Darling Dragonflies.  I die cut each image then watercolour painted using a Tombow ABT 772 and Kuretake Zigs in Light Green 041 and Haze Blue 302.  These too were applied with foam tape.



To embellish this card I decided to glitter up the wings using Stickles in 'Crystal' and chose to use the Clear Droplets to finish the scene since it seemed to fit with the garden theme.

Many thanks for coming to my blog today to read - I do appreciate you taking the time.

See you next time!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment