Friday, February 22, 2019

Up And Away - Purple Onion Designs

Hi!

Today I have another of my slimline cards for you!  I especially like to make a scene using the card in portrait mode and playing with the height!  Perfect for a hot air balloon card!



My slimline cards are 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches and you can buy envelopes for these cards by searching for Slimline Envelopes, Invitation Envelopes, #9 or Size 9 envelopes!  Any problems finding pretty ones let me know and I'll link you up.



A panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock was masked off and then ink blended using Clarity Stencil Brushes in the following Distress Ink colours - Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade and Picked Raspberry.  Afterwards I squished a little of each of the inks onto my craft mat and mixing with a little splash of water I used a toothbrush to spritz each of the colours all over the project.  I carefully removed my masking tape.

I stamped the sentiment and applied the panel to the 110lb white cardstock base - you need sturdy stuff for the oversized cards - regardless, I always use 110lb weight.



On Bristol Smooth card stock and using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil, I stamped my image of the balloon and also the clouds from Stacey Yacula Studio for Purple Onion Designs.  I watercolour painted the balloon image using Kuretake Zigs in the following colours - Light Blue 036, Light Pink 026, Oatmeal 064, Green Gray 093 and Light Grey 091.  Also used were two Tombow ABT's in 020 and 761.

I fussy cut all images including using a craft knife to cut around the balloon's rope tethers.  I stuck some clouds directly to the card panel, I applied the balloon image with foam tape and also some of the clouds so that it really looked like the balloon was passing between the little puffy clouds.



I finished my scene with some sparkling clear flat cup sequins by Pretty Pink Posh which I adhered with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.

Another card finished ...... onto the next!  See you soon!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment