Friday, December 7, 2018

Skating Together - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello!

I've got some inspiration for you today from the most recent Hello Bluebird release.  I'm using the new Skating Together stamp set with a background created using the new Skating Pond Scene Die



I stamped my Skating Together images onto Bristol Smooth cardstock using Archival Ink and watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs.  I highlighted some points and subtly glittered them using Stickles in 'Crystal'.  I then fussy cut them out and set them to one side.



My idea was that the characters are skating just as the sun is beginning to set in the early evening and the pink sky is tinging the snow pink!

To that end and with that vision in mind, I die cut an A2 panel of 110lb white cardstock using the Skating Pond Scene Die.  I ink blended some parts of the die cut pieces with a little Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet.  My Skating Pond portion was squished into a Versamark Ink pad thoroughly coating it in the sticky ink and then I heat embossed it using WOW! White Puff Twinkle Embossing Glitter for a lovely crusty and sparkling finish.



I ink blended the trees softly using Distress Ink in Pumice Stone then dabbed a little Versamark ink onto them and again heat embossed with the same embossing powder to make it look like the snow was stuck to the trunks and branches.   I then took a 110lb cardstock card base and I softly ink blended it again in the Victorian Velvet so that it would show through the trees when the card was assembled.  I joined all the pieces of the Skating Pond Scene back together on the reverse using a little tape then added dimensional foam tape and applied it to the card base.



I added more foam tape behind the 3 skating characters and applied them then stamped the sentiment to a little strip of cardstock with Versamark Ink and heat embossed in Antique Gold and added that too!  Card complete!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today to read, I'll see you next time!  Happy Crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment