Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Elegant Holly - Pretty Pink Posh

Hi, thanks for swinging by my blog today to read about this slimline card featuring Elegant Holly by Pretty Pink Posh together with the Happy Holidays Script Die.



This is a 'Slimline' card which is to say that it has finished card dimensions that are 3 1/2" wide x 8 1/2" so from an A4 sheet of cardstock cut the length at 7 inches then score and fold in half (4 bar).  My panel is cut from the remainder of the A4 sheet and the dimensions are 3.2" x 8.2".  A simple online search for 'slimline envelopes' will yield several results to make life easier for mailing off your creations!  If you encounter any problems please just let me know and I'll link you up but they are also known as #9 envelopes or Size 9 or even invitation envelopes!



To make this card I cut my pieces of cardstock as per the instructions above.   I then used the Stitched Borders 4 Die and die cut the top and bottom long edges of the decorative panel.  Since this is a long card I die cut once then moved the die along and overlapped by one scallop and die cut again.  Next, I ink blended the panel with Distress Oxide in Spun Sugar and to complete the background I used my Uniball Signo white gel pen to dot in some 'snow'.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my holly images using Ranger Archival Ink in Black.  I watercolour painted them using both my Arteza and Kuretake Zig watercolour brush pens.  I highlighted some points again using the Uniball Signo white gel pen and then die cut each image.  I layered them into the scene partially sticking them down and partially lifting them up with dimensional foam tape.



I then took the Happy Holiday Script Die and die cut silver glitter cardstock once and then three further times with regular white cardstock.  I glued each layer to the next, finishing of course with the glitter layer on top and then stuck the sentiment down in the middle of the scene.

White craft foam was applied behind the panel and then adhered to the card base and the finishing touch was the application of Stickles in 'Crystal' to many points on the leaves and berries for that essential Christmas twinkle.

Hope you like the card!  See you next time!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment