Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Merry Pigs - Hello Bluebird

Hello!

I needed to make a Happy New Year card for personal use and so I called upon my favourite Merry Pigs by Hello Bluebird Stamps and the sentiment is from North Star, also Hello Bluebird.



I created a background using Distress Oxide Ink.  I ink blended the brighter colours of Cracked Pistachio and Worn Lipstick first and then used Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot to fill in and darken the scene for an amazing show of Aurora Borealis.  I used my heat gun to dry it quickly and then using Versamark Ink and my Misti Stamping Tool I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed in gold, repeating two more times so that the sentiment is very dimensional.  I then used some of the stars and also stamped and embossed although for the purposes of this card they are confetti which my pig seems to be throwing in celebration!



I applied the panel to my card base.  I then die cut the Gallery Frame #1 Die and the Gallery Frame #3 Die.   I applied the #1 cut with dimensional foam tape and then the #3 cut with more dimensional tape - making for a very deep and layered frame which gives the card a lovely substantial feel.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my images with Ranger Archival Ink.  I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs in  No.028 Pale Pink, No.045 Pale Green, No.021 Light Carmine and No.094 Gray Brown for the 'feet' and No.026 Light Pink for the blushing cheeks.  I highlighted some points with a Uni-Ball Signo white gel pen.  I applied the pigs to the scene using thick dimensional foam tape.

Card complete and perhaps a little inspiration for some of you looking to send some new year cheer!

See you next time and feel free to ask any questions you may have, thank you!

Nicky x

2 comments:

  1. Which sets are the pig on the left and the stars from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stars are from the North Star stamp set (I just repeatedly stamped them to create a larger cluster). The pig on the left is from 'Pig Day'.

      Delete