Friday, December 21, 2018

Moose and Friends - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello!  Have you got all your Christmas cards made yet?   Maybe you are running out of inspiration in which case perhaps I can tempt you with this card made using Moose and Friends  by Hello Bluebird Stamps.



For this card I used a Clarity Stencil Brush to ink blend Distress Ink in Spun Sugar to form a focal point which I then splashed with water and blotted it up.  The panel was die cut to provide the faux stitched edge.  Next, I die cut a panel of Neenah 110lb white cardstock using the same stitched edge die and from each end I die cut a 'hill' using Hill and Dale Die.    I applied some Ranger Multi Medium Matte glue to the hills and then sprinkled on some Distress Glitter.  These two die cuts were layered over one another at the base of the card and adhered down.  The larger hill is glued directly and the smaller hill is on foam tape.



I stamped up the moose and bunny from Moose and Friends onto Bristol Smooth cardstock and watercolour painted them with my Kuretake Zigs.    The knitted hat, gifts and pinecones were stamped from Little Holiday Extras, where necessary they were watercolour painted and adhered with foam tape along with the moose and bunny.

Next, I grabbed the new Frosty Flakes Die and die cut the flakes several times so that I had a good supply of them.  I choose a few for this card, arranged and adhered them, slightly teasing up the outer edges for dimension.



The final touch was the sentiments.  These sentiments come from the Typed Christmas sentiment set which I ADORE!  They were stamped with the same Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil that I used for my characters etc.  Each sentiment was aligned on the right hand side and adhered with foam tape.

I thank you so much for stopping by the blog today, I hope you enjoyed this card and found some inspiration.  Happy Holidays!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment