Monday, December 17, 2018

Animal Parade - Mama Elephant

Hi!  As 2018 draws to a close and with all my Design Team work completed for the year I decided to make a few cards just for me and for the pure love of card making (not that I don't love everything I do when I do have my DT hat on you understand)!!!!



For this card I reached for Animal Parade by Mama Elephant which I have adored since I was first sent it by the lovely ladies at Mama Elephant.   I recently treated myself to the new Woodgrain Cover - Creative Cuts Die which makes exciting backgrounds a breeze to make!  I die cut an A2 panel of white cardstock and then ink blended it using Distress Ink in Antique Linen and then to deepen the very edges a little more I blended with a touch if Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy.  I set this panel to one side.



I took some Bristol Smooth cardstock and stamped my images using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted them using my Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens then die cut each one.   I played around with my layout and once I had settled on one I adhered them into position using varying amounts of dimensional foam tape.



I highlighted some points with a Uni-ball Signo White Gel Pen and I decided the only embellishment needed to finish out this card was to use Nuvo Drops in toning colours for the penguins juggling balls (I stamped the image lightly first with Antique Linen so that I could apply the drops accurately).

I hope you like the card, I was going for a slightly retro and muted palette and yet keep it cheerful and current at the same time (talk about a juggling act)!!!!

Thanks for stopping by to read my blog today, happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment