Monday, November 5, 2018

Penguin Pals - Pretty Pink Posh

Hello!

I'm back with a new card for Pretty Pink Posh featuring the brand new Penguin Pals stamp set available from November 5th .... yes today!!!!!!



The card features an A2 Bristol Smooth cardstock panel that I ink blended with Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire, I then die cut it to give it the faux stitched edge and then splashed it up with some water which I blotted away and then I slightly watered down some white acrylic paint and splashed that too.  I set it aside to dry.

Another A2 panel of white cardstock was die cut with the same edge and then I used one of the dies from Stacked Edges 1 die and cut the curved strip leaving me with three parts, but I only needed two for this card so I set aside the 3rd portion for another project and I then adhered together the two I needed, added foam tape to the reverse and adhered it to the now dry background panel.



Pretty Pink Posh has a new die set for this release called Pine Sprigs and it is very adaptable.  Here I've used it by die cutting white cardstock and creating the idea there is a tree just off to the left and another off to the right and all you see are the over-hanging tree limbs.

On yet more Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my penguin images and their hats.  I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs and highlighted with a Uni-Ball Signo white gel pen then die cut and applied to the scene with more dimensional tape.



My card was finished by glueing a generous amount of 'snow' in the form of Marshmallow Confetti Mix sequins throughout the scene and I popped the card into my Misti and stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink and heat embossed in silver and then to make it more pronounced I stamped once more and heat embossed again - I love this look and could barely prevent myself for going back and doing it a third time!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today - I'm off to make another card .............!

Nicky x








No comments:

Post a Comment