Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Yeti Or Not - Hello Bluebird

Hi, thanks for clicking through to my blog today to read more about my latest card for Hello Bluebird Stamps.  This card uses 'Yeti Or Not' from the most recent release.



First of all I created an A2 panel from Bristol Smooth cardstock by die cutting it with a simple edging die for the faux stitched edge affect which just makes it look 'finished'.  I ink blended it using Distress Oxide Ink in Broken China and then splashed it with water and blotted it up for a snowy affect.  I then die cut the mountains from white cardstock using Hello Bluebird's new Glacier Peaks die.  The glacier peak pieces were ink blended with a little more of the Broken China Distress Oxide Ink and adhered.  I die cut the mountains to match the stitched edge of the background panel.



Using Hello Bluebird's 'Christmas Words' die I die cut 'falala' about 4 or 5 times and adhered each to the next to form a stack and then glued it in place.  I stamped the rest of the sentiment in Ranger Archival Ink in 'Coffee' and adhered that strip with foam tape.



On more Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my images with Ranger Archival Ink in 'Coffee' and watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs.  I added Wink of Stella to several areas for a pretty twinkle when the card is moved (tis the season for twinkle after all)!!  I die cut the images using the coordinating dies for Yeti Or Not and used more foam tape to adhere them.



I decided my friendly Yeti was feeling so festive he had decorated the mountain tops with Christmas lights which delighted the little reindeer friends ... I like my cards to tell a little story wherever possible.

Hope you like the card and you feel inspired.  Happy crafting!

Nicky x

2 comments: