Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Layered Tree Die with Caroling Critters - Pretty Pink Posh

Hello, thank you for coming by to read about my latest card for Pretty Pink Posh.  This card introduces you to the wonderful new Layered Tree die which I think will become a fast favourite for quick cards and scene building.  I've paired it with the Caroling Critters I have previously created a card with and blogged here (use search function to find that post).



For this card I created a background panel and gave it a faux stitched edge and stamped it repeatedly with a little snowflake die from another Pretty Pink Posh stamp set.  I've used Distress Oxide Ink in Peacock Feathers for this stamping and each snowflake was a second generation stamp so that it wasn't too bold.  I adhered this panel to the 110lb Neenah cardstock base.



On more white cardstock I die cut the 4 portions of each tree, three times each.  I ink blended the portions I wanted to add colour to (not the top portion) using Peacock Feathers again and adhered each layer to the next.  Once dry I arranged the three trees on the card base, the top tree has dimensional foam tape underneath it in order to lift it up and sort of thrust it forwards in the scene.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock I hand stamped the Caroling Critters image using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted the characters with my Kuretake Zigs and highlighted some points with a Uni-Ball Signo white gel pen.  In order to make it appear that they are standing on a snow bank I fussy cut only the top of the image and then I die cut the bottom to match the faux stitched edge to match the background panel.  I adhered the Caroling Critters to the card with more adhesive foam tape.

The final touch was the addition of a generous quantity of 'jewels' which I took from the new Starry Sky Mix.  I added them to the tips of the trees and through the background.  I chose to only stamp a sentiment  on the inside of the card - which I did using Peacock Feathers again so that it all linked up!

If you need me I'll be at my craft table making another card!  Thank you for coming by, see you next time!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment