Monday, October 29, 2018

Caroling Critters - Pretty Pink Posh

Hey everyone!  It is sneak peek time at Pretty Pink Posh for the exciting new release scheduled for November 5th .... mark your calendars!



Here, I am introducing Caroling Critters.   When I first saw the new release this mini stamp set immediately caught my attention and I had to play with it first.

I took a panel of A2 cardstock and using a stencil I very softly ink blended a drifted snow background using Distress Oxide Ink in Tumbled Glass.  I die cut the panel once to give it the stitched edge and once more using the Window Frames die from Pretty Pink Posh.  I hand stamped the notes using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil then I applied thick dimensional foam tape behind the A2 panel and stuck it on a 110lb Neenah white cardstock base.  I then added adhesive to the back of the other piece and recessed it carefully through the opening making sure everything was aligned.



Using a scrap of white cardstock I die cut just the bottom of the arched opening from Window Frames again.  I then took one of the dies from Stitched Borders 3 set and die cut to give me a little strip of snow to 'stand' my Caroling Critters on.  I adhered this in alignment at the bottom of the opening.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my Caroling Critters with Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil and watercolour painted them using a combination of Kuretake Zigs and Arteza waterbrush pens.  I highlighted some points with a Uniball Signo White Gel Pen and then I fussy cut the single image out.  There is no coordinating die for this set but it was not tricky to hand cut.  I applied regular thickness Scotch Foam Tape to the back of the cut out image and recessed it through the opening and adhered it.



Finally, I stamped MERRY CHRISTMAS to a small piece of cardstock in red and glued it down and then I added some essential Christmas twinkle by using some of the jewels from the beautiful new blend called 'Starry Sky Mix'.

I'll be back within a few days with another card featuring the new release and I hope this little look today leaves you excited!  You can see more sneaks over on the Pretty Pink Posh Blog starting from today so be sure to click my link to be taken there for more inspiration.

Until the next time then .......

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment