Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Rooftop Reindeer - Hello Bluebird

Hello again!

I hope you are enjoying all the inspiration coming from Hello Bluebird Stamps design team?  I have another card to share with you this afternoon created using Rooftop Reindeer which is one of the brand new stamp sets.



I took a panel of Bristol smooth cardstock and I stamped the roofline from the stamp set and masked it off below the line so that I could ink blend it above the line with Distress Oxide Ink in Peacock Feathers and then in Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink, I kept blending to a subtle focal point over the chimney.  I splashed and blotted up a little water to make it look more casual.



I heat set the ink blending then stamped the snowflakes with Versamark Ink and heat embossed in white. I removed the mask then die cut to create the faux stitched edge.  I watercolour painted the chimney and then stamped the reindeer on more Bristol Smooth and watercolour painted the images using Kuretake Zigs.  I fussy cut them out since the coordinating dies weren't available to me yet when I was supplied with the product but you can buy them here

I applied glue to the entire surface of the snowy rooftop and the snow on top of the chimney and poured white flock over the entire area and pressed it down hard using a piece of scrap paper and then returned the excess to the container. There are many 'flocks' out there but what I used was by Stampendous and it is called Fuzzy Fun Flock - it is nice true white colour.  Once dry I took some Stickles glitter and added some twinkle here and there to catch the light.



I applied foam tape to the back of the Reindeer and adhered them into the scene.



The final touch was to take one of the lovely sentiments from the set and stamp with Versamark Ink and heat emboss in silver on a piece of cardstock.  I wrapped cream/silver bakers twine twice around the panel then adhered the sentiment strip over the top by making a channel with foam tape in the back.

Word of warning - flock is lovely and really elevates your projects but it is like the gift that keeps on giving and it can fly everywhere .... if you're up for some wrangling then give it a go - I don't regret it!

Hope you're inspired and go and treat yourself to some Hello Bluebird goodies!

See you next time,

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment