Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Pumpkin Patch - Hello Bluebird

Hello!

I'm back with my second card today and for the second time in a week I'm using Pumpkin Patch by Hello Bluebird Stamps which forms part of their incredible new release!



Since the last time that I played with this stamp set I went more traditional in my choice of colours, this time I decided to go with sweet pastels and switch it up a little.  To that end I took a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock.  Using Distress Inks in Spun Sugar and Fossilized Amber I delicately and randomly ink blended the panel.  I then used my embossing buddy to prepare the surface for heat embossing.  

In my Misti I took some of the smaller images from the stamp set like a squirrel and pumpkin and acorn and some leaves and I arranged them in a design where I could repeat it twice across the width of the card by stamping once with Versamark Ink then moving the panel over in my Misti and stamping again.  I kept moving my panel and re-inking and stamping until all areas had the pattern and then I heat embossed using white embossing powder.  Once cooled I die cut the panel to give it a faux stitched edge.



I adhered the panel to my card base then from another panel of white cardstock I die cut the Gallery Frame #2 Die  and then layered this over the decorative panel popped up on dimensional foam tape.  I had a leftover die cut from Grassy Knoll which I ink blended softly, again using the Fossilized Amber Distress Ink and then I stamped the grassy tufts using a tiny stamp included in Deer Friend.  I measured it to size and adhered it, inserting it into the gap for a snug fit.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock (I like and always use Strathmore) I stamped my feature image using Ranger Archival Ink in 'Potting Soil'.  It stamped quite dark since I'd just re-inked my pad but it should calm down soon lol.  I watercolour painted the image using Kuretake Zigs and highlighted their cheeks with a Uniball Signo White Gel Pen.  I die cut and adhered the image with more foam tape.



Finally, I stamped the sentiment from Autumn Script.  It actually says Pumpkin Spice but I trimmed off the second word.  I then die cut using the coordinating dies for the stamp set and then die cut 3 more times from white cardstock to build a stack which I adhered together - each time trimming off in the same place since I'd chosen not to use the 'spice' word.  Finally I glued it in place and stamped 'season' on a little strip of cardstock and popped that onto some foam tape so it aligned nicely.



So there it is .... my non-traditional take on the season and I hope that YOU have an enjoyable Pumpkin Season and enjoy the change in temperatures and colours!

I'll see you next time, thanks for stopping by and feel free to ask any questions you may have, I'll be happy to try and answer them for you.

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment