Saturday, September 29, 2018

Pumpkin Patch Critters - Pretty Pink Posh

Hi!  Thanks for stopping by the blog today to read about this card for Pretty Pink Posh using the very cute new stamp set Pumpkin Patch Critters and their coordinating dies.



First of all I took the Storybook 5 Die and centred it on a panel of A2 cardstock and ran it through my Cuttlebug.  I ink blended the negative cuts using Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass and then I squished the ink pad onto an acrylic block to get some more of the ink out, I diluted it with the smallest amount of water and then using a small paintbrush I splattered some of the colour on.  Once dry I stamped the sentiment using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.



I applied dimensional foam tape to the back of the white frame, applied it to be card base and then recessed the ink blended portions through the holes adhering them down.

Next, I took some Bristol Smooth cardstock, I stamped all of my images from Pumpkin Patch Critters again using the Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I then watercolour painted everything using my Kuretake Zigs.  The colours I've used are, from left to right ...... bunny - Light Gray, large pumpkin - Bright Yellow, little pumpkin - Green Shadow, squirrel - Mid Gray, centre pumpkin - Haze Blue, Fox - brown.  All pumpkin stalks are done using Olive Green.   The tiny pumpkin and larger pumpkin on the right were actually coloured with A Tombow Dual Brush Pen in shade 020 which is a cream colour.  With all of these watercolours - you let it partially dry and then you can go in and delicately add more layers and definition.



I die cut the images and adhered them into the scene using varying amount of dimensional foam tape for depth.  The final touch was the addition of a little sparkle in the form of the Pretty Pink Posh Pearl White Jewels.

Back to the craft table for me!  See you next time!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment