Thursday, September 27, 2018

Elephant Friends - Pop Up Box Card - Hello Bluebird

Hi!  I'm back with a new card using Hello Bluebird products and this one specifically focusses on Elephant Friends .... and I went a little wild!



Pop Up box cards seem like a lot of effort but they can be real show-stoppers and worth going the extra mile for, especially on special occasions.  For this card I used a die set from another company that cuts all the pieces for a pop up box card, there are several on the market if you don't want to measure it all out for yourself.  I used pre-patterned gingham papers for the grassy areas and the sky but these panels could have easily been ink-blended for a different type of look.



Separately on Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped up all of my images using black Ranger Archival Ink.  These images were then all watercolour painted using my Kuretake Zigs and die cut.  I then set about slowly building a scene and checking before adhering that nothing obscures anything else and that no matter which way the card is turned there is interest and very importantly, constantly checking that I can fold the box flat!



The sun and the garland of flowers on the one elephant's head are from Springtime.
The grassy edge to the green gingham panels are courtesy of the Grassy Knoll Die

I finished out the card by using several toning sequins for accents.  Here's a final look at the card in a flattened state which I think is rather pretty!



Thanks for stopping by to read about this pop up card ...... now its time to make another project - you'll find me at my craft table if you need me!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment