Sunday, September 30, 2018

Meowy Woofmus - Mama Elephant

Hello Friends!

I'm back with a sweet card using an older but much loved stamp set from Mama Elephant called Meowy Woofmus, maybe some of you have this stamp set, although quite frankly, you could insert any of the Mama Elephant cuties into such a scene!



I started by taking an A2 panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock.  I ink blended it very softly with Distress Inks in Tattered Rose and Squeezed Lemonade.   I then hand applied the 'snow' affect using a Uniball Signo White gel pen.  Next, I die cut the panel using Framed Tags - Union Square and then die cut it one more time using Basic Rectangles - Creative Cuts.     At the top of the main panel I stamped the sentiment from Jingle Greetings using Versamark Ink and then heat embossed in gold.



I die cut the snowy 'hills', trimmed to size and applied them layered into the back of the opening in the panel.  I then lined up the negative cut with the background colour on it behind the opening, found the correct position for it on the card base and adhered it down.   Since the two 'hills' unlevelled things, I added strips of cardstock to match the depth of the hills around the upper part of the opening.  With that done I was then able to apply my Scotch dimensional foam tape and apply the panel to the base making sure to align it perfectly with the negative cut.

On more Bristol Smooth, I stamped my little characters with Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted them with Kuretake Zigs and then die cut and applied them into the scene with their cheeks highlighted with a Uniball Signo White gel pen.



The final touch was the application of 3 mini wooden star embellishments.

Hope you enjoyed the card .... many more to come, be sure to sign up to my blog so you don't miss anything!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment