Sunday, April 15, 2018

Pig Time - Spring Birthday

I've made no attempt to suppress how excited I am about this new stamp company Hello Bluebird Stamps they have only been around a few months but I love everything they've released so far.  My only purchase to date however has been 'Pig Time', but I'm giving it a good old work-out, this is my 4th card with this set.


There are 4 pigs in the set and a couple of little birds and a balloon and some flowers etc.  I can't get over the expressions on their faces, they are drawn so sweetly.

For this card I started with a base of Insulation Pink by MFT Stamps and inside is inserted a quality paper writing insert.  I die cut the white cardstock frame using MFT's 'Stitched CU Comp Vert' using Neenah solar white 110lb.  I set the frame aside and concentrated the negative cuts using a couple of different MFT stencils to create the grass and clouds, blending with Distress Inks.  I recessed them back within the frame securing in the back and then applying this to the base with a layer of white craft foam in between to lift it up and the card then feels really substantial.


Using some Strathmore Bristol Smooth watercolour cardstock I stamped all of the images from Pig Time that I was going to use, I then die cut and watercolour painted them using my Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.  Some points were highlighted with my Uni-ball Signo White pen and then everything was adhered to the card on different amounts of Scotch foam tape to add depth and dimension.  I stamped the sentiment in black.  At this point I was choosing my finishing touches and I decided the piggy on the right needed a garland of flowers on her head and so I snipped off some flower heads from their stems and added those.  A few little flower sequins from Pretty Pink Posh finished out the card.


That's my very springtime take on Pig Time, I hope you've enjoyed it.   Thanks for coming along to read, I appreciate it very much.  Until the next time ....

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment