Saturday, April 14, 2018

Friend Birthday - Happy Hedgehogs by MFT

Hello everybody, thank you so much for stopping by the blog today to read about this latest card of mine using Happy Hedgehogs by My Favorite Things which has become one of my all time favourite stamp sets!



Here's a little run down of how this card was made.  The card starts with a white 110lb Neenah cardstock base.  I then ink blended a panel of Strathmore Bristol Smooth using Distress Ink and faded it to an ombré type finish.  I then splattered on some water and blotted it dry about 30 seconds later and next splashed around some of the same Distress Ink mixed with a tiny bit of water for vivid splashes.  The panel was then die cut using Stitched Wonky Rectangles by MFT. 



On yet more Strathmore Bristol Smooth I stamped all of the images from the set that I needed, I then die cut and watercolour painted them using my Kuretake Zig Clean Color Markers and highlighted some points with my Uni-ball Signo White.  I have an Archival Ink black pen that I used to play up the spikes on the hedgehogs.  I turned the tree limb and the tree stump into a seesaw and made the card very playful.  All components were attached with varying amounts of dimensional foam tape for depth and the sentiment was stamped in the upper right using my Misti.  Again using the Archival Pen I put in the 'whoosh' marks to help show the movement of both the upper and lower hedgehog.  The final touch was the addition of 3 wooden stars by Studio Calico (love these).



There you have it and as I often like to do, I adhered the card panel to the card base with a layer of white craft foam sandwiched in between to both lift it up and it adds a substantial feel to the card and they just survive the rigours of the mail system when you do this too!

Thank you for stopping by and I'll have another card for you very soon.

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment