Monday, April 9, 2018

Party Pals from Avery Elle

Hi everybody!  I'm here to share a card I've made for Avery Elle using all of their products.  Party Pals is an adorable stamp set from their most recent release and the sweet animal characters work well as a group or in pairs, mixed or otherwise.



So here with this card I've started with a 110lb Neenah cardstock base.  I set that aside and made an A2 panel of Strathmore Bristol Smooth and I ink blended it in Spun Sugar and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks.  I then distressed this background with water splashes that I then blotted up and afterwards added some pink paint splashes ..... I just love making backgrounds!   This panel was then die cut using Postage Stamp Elle-ments.  I recessed the negative cut back within the frame and then backed it with craft foam and attached to the card base.



I stamped the sentiment in Ranger Archival Black Ink and then separately on more Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped all of the animals, their banner and the balloons.  I die cut them and then watercolour painted everything using my Kuretake Zigs.  Once dry I highlighted some points with Uni-ball Signo White and applied them into the scene with varying amounts of Scotch Foam Tape to build depth and dimension.



At this point I was looking to finish out the card with a few embellishments.  I decided to ink blend a scrap of cardstock with the same Distress Inks and repeatedly die cut the flower/star shape and add them as flowers underneath the Party Pals and then a few Crystal Clear Sequins by Pretty Pink Posh added the necessary twinkle that says "card done"!



Here's a final look at all the dimension and thank you for stopping by and be sure to post a comment if you have any questions.

Nicky x




No comments:

Post a Comment