Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Golden Wedding Anniversary Card

Hi crafty friends!  Recently a friend commissioned a card from me for some relatives of hers who were about to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary ... which is kind of a big deal right?  I didn't want to make something that was utterly predictable and resorted to my own style, why would I do anyone else's style?



In brief this card consists of a 110lb Neenah cardstock base.  The base panel was gently ink blended with Distress Ink to form a soft blue backdrop to an embossed '50' in gold using Versamark Ink and Simon Says Stamp gold embossing powder.  A panel of white cardstock was die cut with the faux stitched edge, it was then die cut once more with a circular die and then lined/backed with a sheet of acetate to form the shaker window.

The panel had Scotch Dimensional Foam tape added to the reverse, creating a circular enclosed window area which I filled with a mix of sequins that I had on hand but importantly contained micro beads from Martha Stewart.  I love to include these micro beads because they stop the shaker contents from becoming lodged and keeps everything moving far more freely as the card is shaken and it makes a pleasing shuffling sound.  I'm a fan!  The panel was adhered to the base .... and yes .... some beads get away from you when doing this since they are experts at rolling away at hight speed but you COULD seal the shaker unit with another piece of acetate before applying to the base if you don't want to wrangle beads!!!!

All of the other card elements from the florals, to the birds to the banner were hand stamped using Banner & Wreath from Avery Elle in Ranger Archival Ink in Black . They were then die cut and watercolour painted and then adhered into the scene with dimensional foam tape and I finished out the scene with a few accenting sequins care of Pretty Pink Posh.



I'm really grateful that you stopped by the blog today to read how this card came together and if you haven't made a shaker card yet ... or in a while, I encourage you give it a go, it is worth the effort and is sure to delight.  Please use the comments section if you want any further detail, I'd love to help, encourage and enable you!!!!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment