Sunday, April 8, 2018

I Love you - Bee Friends

I recently shared this card across social media but since I'm fleshing out my blog and because it was a popular post I thought I'd quickly share my method here with you all.  The card uses Bee Friends from Pretty Pink Posh.


I love Bee Friends because who can resist a chubby and cheerful bumble bee?  They also are one of those mini stamp sets and very reasonably price and you can work them in with your floral cards etc.


The card started with Neenah 110lb solar white cardstock.  I then stencil ink-blended a honeycomb design that I have for the background.  I did this very softly and I used my Clarity Stencil Brushes for the job.  I think a cloud stencil or something similar would work equally well for a dreamy backdrop!  I then die-cut the panel with a stitched edge and applied it to the base with a layer of craft foam sandwiched in between which lifts it up and makes the card feel more substantial and since I sell most of my cards, it is important to me that they ship in good condition and this craft foam really helps.


I then die cut one of the 'Storybook' dies from Pretty Pink Posh, any of them would do or something similar to re-create this scene, they really help tie everything together!  It was applied popped up on dimensional foam tape to build depth.  I used one of the negative cuts to stamp the sentiment and I centred it and adhered it.  All of the bees and hearts were stamped in archival ink, they were watercolour painted using my Kuretake Zigs and then die cut and adhered them with more foam tape.  I highlighted some points on the bees  using my Uni-ball Signo white pen (wouldn't be without it)!  The scene was finished out with toning jewel embellishments also by Pretty Pink Posh.


If there is one thing that is very important to me in card making it is that my projects are highly dimensional and as you can see here this card is no exception, it is a look I really love!

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and if you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate to contact me because I'd love to help you out!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment