Saturday, April 7, 2018

Glittery, Congratulatory Goodness!

Hello all!

I'm sharing what is a relatively quick card to make and yet it is so impactful and beautiful.



All the fun is basically care of Nuvo Glitter Paste.  If you haven't bought any yet I urge you to treat yourself.  It is sold in delicate little pots but I just want to put it out there into the universe that I believe it should be sold by the pint .... like Haagen Dazs ice cream!!!

This card starts with 110lb solar white cardstock by Neenah and then a panel of the same was created and stencil embossed using Distress Oxide inks in 3 different colours and using the 'Folk Dance' stencil by Simon Says Stamp ... so pretty!  Keeping the stencil in place I then applied a generous amount of Nuvo Glitter Paste for a highly dimensional look.  I removed the stencil carefully and left the design to dry and I find this paste dries pretty rapidly which is good - maybe 20-30 mins.



Once the paste was dried to sugar encrusted perfection I was able to attach a die cut MFT frame using dimensional foam tape.  I then stamped the word 'CONGRATULATIONS' in black on white cardstock and attached this also with foam tape and the final touch was to make several die cuts of the word 'Smile' with the cute heart for the dot of the 'i'.  I did about 5 in white and a final one in yellow 'foil' cardstock and then glued each together to make a neat stack finishing with the gorgeous yellow and then attached this to the card using Ranger Multi Medium Matte.



I didn't feel this particular card needed any further embellishment since the whole thing is dazzling when it is handled and moved.

That's all for this time, thanks for stopping by and please do leave me any comments and questions if you have them!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment