Thursday, April 5, 2018

Birthday Cuteness Care Of Mama Elephant



My card today starts just as 99% of my cards start, with a strong card base of 110lb solar white cardstock from Neenah.  It is a remarkable day indeed if I use anything other than this, you might say I'm stuck in my ways, but you know what .... it just works, at least it does for me in more ways than one!  I then die cut a panel of Strathmore Bristol Smooth which is my go-to watercolour cardstock and also my favourite for ink blending.  The die cut uses Cloud Nine by Mama Elephant and it was then ink blended to a soft ombré finish then distressed with water splashes that I let sit a minute then blotted dry and then added paint splatters in a shade darker than the blended base colour.



The sweet cloud is from Cloud Nine also and I added the cheerful rosy cheeks using watercolour paint in the form of Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.  I then stamped the Page Huggers from Mama Elephant onto yet more Strathmore Bristol Smooth, I then watercolour painted them and highlighted portions and then die cut and adhered each into position with Scotch dimensional foam tape and later added their party hats.  Each animal holds an ice cream cone and I adorned their hats with mini pompoms to add some fun dimension.  The sentiment was stamped and there's a further one inside wishing a happy birthday.  What would I do without my crystal clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to add that final and very necessary twinkle?  If I could only have one style/colour of sequin this would be IT!



This was a relatively quick card to create and I hope you enjoy it.  Until the next time, have a wonderful day and happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment