Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Hello! I'm A Blogger!



Hello everybody, this is my very first blog post, so a warm welcome to my blog.  Many of you will be familiar with me already either from cards on Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook and maybe one or two of you are customers from my Etsy Shop (all associated links are to the right hand side for easy clicking through to each site).

I am a card maker and this is what this blog will be dedicated to although I am interested in many types of design and other activities such as cooking, gardening, photography and interior design to name a few.  I think my Pinterest profile speaks volumes about me!  I am married, I have two beautiful grown daughters and two beloved and over indulged Pugs.  I was born and raised in the UK where my family still reside but in the past couple of years I became a US citizen and I've actually been living here since 1988.  I currently call Texas home but not for too much longer.


I have been making cards for 3 years.  The first year I was learning the craft and finding my style, 2 years ago I started my Instagram account dedicated to card making  and was quickly found by Vanessa at Butterfly Reflections Ink who gave me my first Design Team position.  Subsequently I was invited to join the Design Teams for Pretty Pink Posh, Avery Elle and Create A Smile Stamps and I remain with them to this day and who knows what other exciting possibilities lie ahead.  I am focussed on making the highest quality cards I can from the best materials available, my cards feel substantial and are usually very dimensional.  I strongly favour pastel shades and I love sweet little characters so I'm constantly sourcing stamps that go well with my style.


So here I am starting a blog.  I've recently been encouraged to do this despite never previously showing much inclination, however I am going to give this my best shot.   I don't believe all my cards will get blogged here (there again, I reserve my right to change my mind about that)!  What I can say is that Instagram is where all my cards are and if you want to view all my cards in the one place then I recommend my Instagram or my Nicky Noo Cards board on Pinterest.  With this blog I can write a little about my process and items used.  I hope you will follow along.


It is likely that I'll add features and gadgets to this blog as time goes on and I familiarise myself with everything.  In the meantime I want to thank you for stopping by and learning just a little bit about me.


Nicky

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicky not long ago I tryied to find your blog but couldn't find it...I am so happy you now have one, I love all your cards and admire those that find their style like you!!! I look forward to know more about how you create your amazing master pieces!😉😉😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Waleska ..... to be honest I've resisted blogging until now just because I prefer to being making cards rather than writing about making cards! I will just have to strike a happy balance and learn as I go along. I'm already enjoying it a little more than I thought I would! Thank you so much for your sweet comment, I very genuinely appreciate it! xx

    ReplyDelete