Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Hello Bluebird Stamps - Apple Picking








Welcome to my blog and a new card for Hello Bluebird Stamps featuring the Apple Picking stamp set from their Fall Kits release.  I think everyone on the Design Team went for red apples and so I gave my card a different look by making my apples Golden Delicious!

I took a panel of white cardstock and ink blended sky and grass using Tumbled Glass and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Inks. I die cut the panel with a die from my stash to give it the stitched edge.  I backed the panel with white craft foam and adhered it to an A6 panel of patterned cardstock in the ombré style since I knew it would pick up on the colours I was going to be focussing on.  I adhered this whole panel to my card base.




I stamped the images from Apple Picking using Eiffel Tower ink by MFT.   I coloured the images using the following Copic marker combinations:-

Apples - Y13, YG01, YG03
Leaves - YG13, YG25
Bark - W5, W4, W3, W1, E31, E41
Bears - E44, E43, E42, E41, E40
Papa Bear Pants - E49, E79, E77, E74
Papa Bear Shirt - YG67, BG72
Mama Bear Dress and Apron - BG72, BG70, C3, C1, C0
Baby Bear Shortalls  - G29, G28, YG67
Baby Bear Shirt - BG72, C3, C1
Blushes - R22, R21, R20, R00
Step Ladder and Barrel - W5, W4, W3, W1, E41

I did a little bit of highlighting with a white gel pen and emphasised noses and eyes with a black glaze pen then die cut the images using the companion dies.




I backed the die cut images with dimensional foam tape then adhered them to the background and using the W1 Copic marker I added just a little bit of shadow underneath some of the images and I used YG01 to dot in some subtle interest into the grass.

I stamped the sentiment on a strip and applied this with foam tape and with that this card was finished.

Thanks for coming by to read about my latest project, I'll be back before you know it with something new to share.  Happy crafting!















 

No comments:

Post a Comment