Sunday, August 8, 2021

My Favorite Things - August Release Countdown Day 2

Countdown Day 2 for the August 10th new release by My Favorite Things is here.    Today I'm revealing a couple of new products to you with this card, namely the Outdoor Adventures stamp set and the Cool Curves Cover-Up Die-namics.






To create this card I first attended to the background.   I wanted the card to have a bit of a look of an abstract map and so I used the Cool Curves Cover-Up die twice - once using Limelight Prestige Cardstock and the second time using Sno-Cone Prestige Cardstock.  I decided which parts would be water and which would be land and ink blended with either Mowed Lawn Distress Ink or Peacock Feathers.   I then put all the die cuts back together again like a jigsaw puzzle, adhering them one by one to a panel of cardstock which I then glued to my card base.

I stamped some tufts of grass from Outdoor Adventures using more Mowed Lawn then framed out the background scene using the A2 Rectangle Frames Die-namics.   This was adhered with foam tape.




I stamped the characters from Outdoor Adventures and coloured them with Copic markers.  Here is my colour palette:-

Black Bear - T7, T5, T4, T3, T2
Dock and Brown Bear - E44, E43, E42
Fox - E17, E15, E13
Checks and Pink Tummies - R000, R00, R20, R21
Yellows - Y15, Y38

The images were then die cut using the coordinating die-namics, backed with foam tape and applied.




To finish the card I used Stitched Fishtail Sentiment Strips - the smallest die in the set of 3 is the perfect fit for the two lined sentiment included in the stamp set.   This was applied with foam tape and all that was left was to use a white gel pen to highlight a few points and dot in some flowers and a few sparkling clear  sequins finished the scene.

Thanks for stopping by, make sure to visit the MFT Blog today to see more inspiration and see other new product reveals.  Comment for a chance to be the lucky winner of a $75 gift voucher!  Good luck!











2 comments:

  1. This new cover plate has amazing possibilities...your card is amazing. Love the greens and blues and your adorable fishing bear! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the cover plate die to make your background. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete