Monday, July 26, 2021

My Favorite Things - July Card Kit - Celebrating You - Countdown Day 1

Did you hear about July's new Celebrate You Card Kit by My Favorite Things?   It will be released tomorrow July 27th at 10am EST.    My card today is my second of three projects using this fun kit.






So rare for me to make cards that are just pure die-cutting with no stamping or colouring but here it is!!!  (OK, I guess I stamped the sentiment does that count)?

Creating this card was really quite simple.   Starting with an A2 panel of Poppin' Pink Prestige Cardstock and then over that I layered a die cut made using the Double Stitched Rectangles Die-namics and a patterned paper sheet from the Party Time 6 x 6 Paper Pad.  I chose this sheet to go with my confetti theme but there's a huge variety to choose from.




I backed this panel with white craft foam and glued it to the pink backing panel which in turn was glued to my prepared card base.

I used Prestige cardstocks in Poppin' Pink, Butterscotch and Tropical Teal because they tie in nicely with the patterned paper's colours and die cut the balloons from the Celebrate You Die-namics, balloon strings were made using Eiffel Tower.   Strings were glued directly and balloon die cuts were applied with foam tape.

I used Gold Sparkle Cardstock to die cut the cascading confetti piece which were either glued directly or added with foam tape for a fun affect.




For the final touch I stamped the sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthday to a sentiment strip created using Itty Bitty Sentiment Strips Die-namics and applied this with foam tape to float above everything else.  Card complete!

Come back tomorrow for a final card with a very different look and thanks for stopping by, happy crafting!


















2 comments: