Monday, May 17, 2021

My Favorite Things - May Card Kit - Floral Focus - Countdown Day 1

Hello and welcome to Countdown Day 1 of the My Favorite Things May Card Kit called Floral Focus.  Please scroll down after this post if you missed my blog entry yesterday with another card using this very pretty kit.






Once again with this card just like I did yesterday, I die cut 3 of the In-Focus Florals which is a set of die-namics included in the kit.   I used MFT's Premium Dye Inks in Prickly Pear, Jalapeño Popper, Blue Yonder and Boysenberry (suddenly I'm hungry!) to ink blende these floral stems.   A few points were highlighted with a white gel pen and I used Stickles glitter to add a little interest to the blue/purple portions of the flowers.   These were set aside to dry.




I used the A2 Stitched Rectangles STAX Die-namics to die-cut a panel of Petite Gingham 6 x 6 Paper Pad patterned paper.   I backed this panel with white craft foam and this was adhered to a white A2 panel which in turn was adhered to my card base.

Using just a little glue toward the centres of the floral stems I adhered them to the gingham background.




For the finishing touches, I stamped a sentiment from the 'Friends Like You' sentiment stamp set included in the kit to a sentiment strip cut using the included 'Slimline Skinny Strips' Die-namics.   This was applied with dimensional foam tape and finally I used some water droplet embellishments from my stash for some appropriate but subtle embellishing.

Card complete!   Tomorrow I will be back for the Kit Release Day with a slimline card to tempt you so please do pay me a visit at 10am EST tomorrow just as the release goes live!

Happy crafting!






1 comment:

  1. These sparkly flowers look wonderful on the gingham background. Looks so summery... TFS

    ReplyDelete