Monday, April 12, 2021

My Favorite Things - April Release Countdown Day 1

 





Hello Friends!  Only 1 more sleep until the My Favorite Things April release goes live at 10am tomorrow April 13th!   Today I'm revealing a brand new stamp set called Sprinkling You With Love and I think you'll agree there is some serious cuteness going on here.   You should not resist, resistance is futile!!!

Read on for the how-to for this card.




So, first of all I used the Mini Cloud Edges Stencil and Distress Oxide Ink in Squeezed Lemonade to create the soft sky and Cracked Pistachio in the space I left at the bottom to create a little grass.   I used the A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics to create a panel from this piece and using one side larger from the same set a panel was created using Sno-Cone Heavyweight Cardstock.  I backed the decorative panel with white craft foam and applied it to the blue panel which is was adhered directly to my card base.   I used gel pens to create some sweet little tufts of grass and flowers at the bottom of the panel to help ground the little character that would eventually stand there.

On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped the images from Sprinkling You With Love and used Copic markers to colour my images and I finished them with a few highlights created with a white gel pen.  All images were die-cut with the coordinating Die-namics, backed with foam tape and applied but just before I stuck down the characters in their final positions I stamped in the sprinkling rain/water!




I stamped my sentiment on a sentiment strip created from the Skinny Strips Die-namics  which like everything else was adhered with foam tape and I finished up the card with some toning jewel accents for some watery fun!

Hope you love my card and you're feeling inspired and want to treat yourself to this set.  Happy shopping tomorrow!










2 comments:

  1. Love your color palette. I would have never thought to make my clouds yellow, but it works beautifully. Gives me a baby card vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love your color palette! That tiny bunny and umbrella onto of the other is do cute!

    ReplyDelete