Friday, June 5, 2020

Sunshine Lake - Purple Onion Designs

There's just something about these cuties from the Sunshine Lake collection by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs that I know I'll just keep using and using them.


To create this summery scene I grabbed an A2 panel of white cardstock.  I ink blended a focal point with Distress Oxide Ink in Peacock Feathers and then splashed on some water, immediately blotting it up and then I splashed on some Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.  I then used a Mama Elephant die to create the wavy (seemed appropriate!) stitched edge boarder.  I used a little wave die I have in my stash to die cut 3 wave openings in the panel.  The panel was then applied to a white cardstock base.


On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped my images from Sunshine Lake using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.  I coloured the images with a fairly limited colour palette of Copic markers and each image was fussy cut.   I also stamped the three 'blurb' sentiments that you can find here, also fussy cutting them.


Each image and blurb was backed with a little dimensional foam tape and applied.  In the case of the 3 critters, I only applied it to the upper part of each image so that the lower part of the images could slot into the top of each wave opening.

Finally, I whipped out my white gel pen and highlighted a few points, added some bubbles and splashes and then just a few sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh completed the scene.

Happy crafting!

Nicky x







No comments:

Post a Comment