Saturday, August 17, 2019

Charlie & Chip - Purple Onion Designs

My latest card for Purple Onion Designs uses those cuties Charlie and Chip as illustrated by Stacey Yacula.



This slimline card has dimensions of 8 1/2 inches x 3 1/2 inches.  I also created a panel of the same size but masked off the edges and then began stamping and colouring.  I stamped the background using The Perfect Spot.  I also stamped Beach Grass and the smaller sister stamp Beach Grass (small).



Using some further masking and keeping the original mask still in place I ink blended all the different areas from tree, to sky to grass using Distress Inks in Crushed Olive, Lucky Clover and Tumbled Glass.  The masks were removed and I used Prismacolor Pencils to colour the tree trunk and flowers and shaded in and around the grasses - just for a different look.

Charlie and Chip were stamped with Memento Ink and coloured with Copic Markers and points were highlighted before fussy cutting the images, backing them with foam tape and applying them to the scene.

The sentiment was stamped from the Essential Thoughts Sentiment Set and the panel applied to the card base.



The final touch was using Liquid Pearls in Ruby Red to dot in the appearance of Poppies in the distant field.

I'll be back soon with another project happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment