Monday, July 15, 2019

Storybook Friends - Hello Bluebird Stamps

I'm so happy you navigated to my blog today to read about this watercolour painted card I created for Hello Bluebird Stamps.  This card features 'Storybook Friends' from the newest release and in case you missed it a couple of weeks or so ago, use the search function here on the blog to find another card I made with a different look using this same stamp set.



To make this card I stamped the background image of the path, hills and trees on to Strathmore Bristol Smooth using Distress Ink in Antique Linen - perfect for no-line watercolour painting.  I watercolour painted this scene using Kuretake Zigs in Green Shadow, Light Green and Pale Dawn Gray, the sky was done using Haze Blue.

Once this was dry I stamped the sentiment using Memento Ink in Fog and set this panel to one side.



On more Bristol Smooth I stamped my images of the adorable bunny and mouse again using the Antique Linen ink.   I watercolour painted them using the following - Kuretake Zigs in Oatmeal, Beige, Mid Gray, Green Gray, Light Gray, Warm Gray (2), Yellow and Light Pink.  I also used two Tombow ABTs in 761 and 020.

Cheeks were given a white dot highlight with a white gel pen and they were die cut using the coordinating dies.



I grabbed the new Gallery Frame #4 die and die cut a panel of 110lb white cardstock.  This die creates the broad outer die cut and also has a 'window pane' type inner cut.  I chose to keep just the outside of this windowpane inner piece by snipping out the rest with my craft scissors.  I flipped the two pieces over, nestled the inner piece within the outer frame and applied dimensional foam tape to the back to hold them together.  I then came back to my background panel and applied it.



I backed my bunny and mouse with the same foam tape and stuck them down in position.

I like the simple innocence of the scene and decided to resist all temptation (which is great) to embellish this card any further, so here's one final look where you can see it pops nicely with the green envelope I paired it with.



Thank you so much for coming by for some inspiration.

Happy crafting!

Nicky x

1 comment: