Friday, June 7, 2019

Tropical Toucans - Pretty Pink Posh

Hello!  As promised I'm back with another sneak peek project using product from the June 10th Pretty Pink Posh summer release.  This card highlights a mini stamp set called Tropical Toucans.



This is a slimline card with finished dimensions of 8 1/2 inches x 3 1/2 inches.   Cards of these dimensions perfectly fit a standard Size 9 envelope.  I created a panel and masked off the edges and then used Distress Oxide Ink in Spiced Marmalade to ink blend the background using a little more intensity at the top and bottom.  I did a fine spritz of water over it (with a toothbrush) and dabbed it dry and then carefully removed the mask and set this panel to one side for the time being.



On Strathmore Bristol Smooth I stamped my Toucan images and Plumeria boughs using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.   I watercolour painted everything using Kuretake Zigs in the following colour palette - Fl. Green, May Green, Mid Brown, Pink, Yellow, Orange, Cobalt Blue, Dark Gray and Black.  Images were then die cut, backed with craft foam and applied to the scene.

I popped the panel into my Misti and stamped the sentiment from the new Summer Surfboards stamp set and then adhered the panel to the 110lb white cardstock base.



Finishing touch was to adhere a few jewels from a new mix which is part of this release called 'Luau Mix' .... it's super pretty and you can see it in the storage box and sprinkled around in the images above.

Thanks for stopping by, see you soon I hope!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment