Monday, June 10, 2019

Tropical Birds & Beach Scene Die - Pretty Pink Posh

Hello, it's release day at Pretty Pink Posh and I'm sharing a card made using the new Tropical Birds stamp set and the new Beach Scene Die.



To make this card I took a panel of white cardstock and I used the Wide Stripes stencil from the previous release and using Distress Oxides and my Clarity Stencil Brushes I brushed on Peacock Feathers and Fossilized Amber inks.  The stencil was removed and the panel die cut slightly smaller than A2.  I set this to one side.

I die cut white cardstock with the Beach Scene Die.  When you die cut it falls apart into all different little sections and I chose to ink blend these pieces and then I reassembled it like a jigsaw puzzle onto a backing of Stick It paper and then this was adhered to the panel.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my flamingo images from Tropical Birds using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs in Light Carmine, Bright Yellow and Dark Gray.  The images were die cut using the coordinating dies and I then flipped them over on to a firm rubber mat and using a blunt stylus and circular movements with medium pressure I made the image rounded (don't do this near the edges of the image).  When happy I backed them with dimensional foam tape and applied them to scene.  Rounding your images, especially animals and people gives them a 3D look and has the benefit of hiding the foam tape when viewed from an angle.



To finish the card, I popped the panel in my Misti and stamped the sentiment which is from Tropical Birds.  I also used 3 different sizes of sparkling clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh to add a necessary sparkle.  The panel was backed with white craft foam which in turn was applied to a 110lb white cardstock base.

Card complete!

Many thanks for coming by to read about the card today and I wish you all a very happy summer of fun.

Nicky x

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and such a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this die and the colors on your card. This is a great tropical release.

    ReplyDelete