Thursday, May 2, 2019

Peek-A-Boo Pets - Avery Elle

Hi!  I'm sharing a cute card featuring the Peek-A-Boo Pets stamp set and coordinating Elle-ments by Avery Elle and it also features a sentiment from their So Kind stamp set.  The frame you see here is the Arrow Mat Die from Avery Elle.



To make this card I first ink blended two panels of cardstock so that they matched (loosely speaking).  I used Distress Oxide in Shaded Lilac and Distress Ink in Tattered Rose and I splashed on some water and blotted it up then splattered a little Shaded Lilac using a wet paintbrush.   One panel was attached to my card base and the second was die cut using the Arrow Mat Die.



I applied the frame to the card base backed with dimensional foam tape to lift it up.  The negative cut was stamped with the sentiment from So Kind using Versamark Ink and heat embossed in white.  Since I used my Misti and this is a chunky sentiment I like the ultra embossed look and so I re-stamped and heat embossed so it stood out even more - you could even go back a third time!   I adhered this panel back through the space in the frame.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my images from Peek-A-Boo Pets using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted the cuties using Kuretake Zigs in the following colours - Oatmeal 064,  Mid Gray 096, Flesh Color 071, Light Pink 026, Pale Pink 028, Warm Gray(2) 900 and finally Pale Orange 054.  Each image was then die cut.  They were applied to the scene with more dimensional foam tape.



Points on the pets were highlighted using a Uni-ball Signo White gel pen and I found some toning jewel embellishments to dot around the scene which I adhered with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.

Hope you like the card and I look forward to seeing you next time with something new!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment