Thursday, October 18, 2018

Reindeer Friends - Pretty Pink Posh

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog.  I have card for Pretty Pink Posh today featuring 'Reindeer Friends' from a year ago but always worth revisiting for reasons of obvious cuteness!



I decided on an arrangement for my scene using some previously stamped images and it was abundantly clear that this card would need some different dimensions to the usual A2 standard for us card makers.  This card does not conform to any standard size so I will need to hand make an envelope for it and there are many tutorials out there for how to do this.  So, I made my sturdy card base of 110lb white cardstock by Neenah and then scored and folded it and also cut a panel that was slightly smaller dimensions than the base. 



I ink blended this panel with Distress Oxide Ink in Cracked Pistachio, fading it away to nothing to give the appearance of a snowy ground.  I very slightly diluted a little white acrylic paint and splattered it randomly all over the panel to indicate snowfall.  Once dry I backed the panel with white craft foam and applied it to the card base.

I watercolour painted my reindeer and their piles of gifts with Kuretake Zigs and adhered them to the card with dimensional foam tape by Scotch.



The Merry Christmas die cut sentiment is by Pretty Pink Posh also and was die cut twice and the two die cuts glued together and then they were glued to the card slightly curving the words over the scene to subtly frame it.

The final touch was the application of pearly white sequins throughout the scene which also fits with the snowy scene.

Happy crafting friends!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment