Saturday, September 7, 2024

Waffle Flower - Postage Collage Wild Flower

 



It's always nice to find some time to create cards using items I've purchased instead of being provided with.  I absolutely love Waffle Flowers products and especially their popular Postage Collage line-up which provides literally endless design ideas.  I made this birthday card the other day and here's a list of links to what was used:-


I took a panel of white cardstock and the Wild Flower stencil and ink blended through the multiple stencils included in the set.  I used a fairly limited colour palette of Distress Oxide Inks and went back and forth with them to create soft and varied colours especially on the larger and bolder images.  Here's the colour palette I used:-

Dried Marigold, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, Candied Apple, Aged Mahogany, Cracked Pistachio, Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness.

I spattered on a little white acrylic paint loosened with a drop or two of water then die cut the panel using the Postage Collage Die.



Using the Postage Collage Love stamp set, I stamped some of the little images over my stencilled images.  I like these images to look a little distressed as it looks more authentic and more like a piece of mail that has been through the rigours of the postal system!  It is also nice to have some images off the edges.

I used both sets of A2 Stax Die-namics listed and linked above to create an orange panel and a smaller white one.  These were glued together then glued to an A2 white card base.  I backed the postage stamp panel with dimensional foam tape and applied that to the top white panel.




Sentiment time!  I die cut the Arched Happy Birthday from white and orange cardstock and formed the sentiment.  I backed it with dimensional foam tape and before applying it to the background, I used the 'pinking' die listed above and die cut vellum using the smallest die from the set.  I put dimensional tape on the back of the vellum and also secured the sentiment to the vellum with yet more of it so that this sentiment really pops up from the card.  I like dimension what can I say?

Last but not least and for subtle appeal I used Nuvo Crystal Drops in Malted Milk to add some finishing accents.

I appreciate you coming by to read about my card today, I'll be back before you know it with something brand new!  Happy crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment