Monday, September 9, 2024

Waffle Flower - Postage Collage Christmas Stencil

 



Hey everyone!  Lovely to see you here on my blog where I have a new Waffle Flower card all ready for the the Christmas season.  To create this card I used the following products:-

Holly and Pine Die (Hello Bluebird Stamps)
Joy to All (Lawn Fawn)

I created 2 x A2 panels of Princess Pink cardstock (My Favorite Things).  I glued one directly to my card base.  I created incrementally small panels of green and then white cardstock and glued those to the pink panel.  I set this to one side.




The next step was to grab that second panel of Princess Pink cardstock and to work through the numbered stencils from Postage Collage Christmas and ink blend through them.  Here's a list of the Distress Oxide Ink colours used:-

Picked Raspberry
Festive Berries
Pine Needles
Rustic Wilderness
Tea Dye
Vintage Photo
Scattered Straw

On a few small points I actually used a glitter gel pen through the stencil such as patterns on the baubles and designs on the reindeer .... a little bit of essential Christmas sparkle!  This panel was then die cut using the Postage Collage Die.

I then came in with a white gel pen and highlighted and dotted in some snow where needed and then I used stamp images from the Postage Collage Stamp Set and added all the fun elements such as stamp values and air mail.  I like these elements to look a little distressed .... a little like something that has spent several days travelling around the world and I'm always sure to have some images over the edges and such because it looks so much more authentic.

The panel was backed with pieces of dimensional foam tape and I left a channel where the organza ribbon would be tied around.




To complete the card I tied around the piece of bright red organza ribbon and secured the panel to all of the others.  I then die cut and ink blended the sprigs of fir using Hello Bluebird's Holly and Pine Die.  I tucked the fronds where I wanted them and glued in place just at the base of each stem.   I randomly dotted on some glue and then sprinkled glitter over the fronds .... messy .... but so worth it!

Last but not least, I found the perfect sized sentiment from a Lawn Fawn stamp set (listed above) and stamped it on the little sentiment strip which is included in the Postage Collage Die set.  The was added with more foam tape so that it floats above the fir sprigs and ribbon.

Card complete!

I will be back here on my blog with something brand new on Wednesday so I hope to see you then.









1 comment:

  1. This is one of the most lovely versions I've seen of the Christmas postage collage stencils. Beautiful colours and the addition of the springs and ribbons takes it over the top! Thank you for the smiles and inspiration.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete