Friday, September 13, 2024

Hello Bluebird Stamps - September Kits Release

 





I'm delighted you are visiting my blog today because I'm sharing the first of 4 cards previewing the absolutely incredible September Kits from Hello Bluebird Stamps.  There are going to be THREE kits in all and my card today features products from the Classic Kit which is the smallest.  This kit consist of a 6x8 inch stamp set called Fall Cleanup Crew together with its companion die PLUS a standalone die which creates the gourds, pumpkins, acorns and leaves shown in my example.  This little kit will make you scores of cards ..... it might be small but it is mighty!  Kits go on sale at 7pm MDT Monday September 16th.

So, to create this card I first took a panel of white cardstock and I ink blended a soft background using The Stamp Market's Fresh Mint ink for the sky and Distress Oxide Ink in Crushed Olive for the ground.  I spattered on metallic copper coloured watercolour paint and die cut the panel using Hello Bluebird's Nesting A2 Deckle Die which forms part of their 'Essentials' collection.  I backed this panel with white craft foam and glued it to a slightly larger panel of 'Curry' cardstock by The Stamp Market and then to a white panel that is slightly larger again.  I set this to one side.




Using the standalone die from the Classic Kit, I die cut sturdy white cardstock and I ink blended all the different components using all Distress Oxide Inks in Fall colours but I again used the Fresh Mint ink used for the background to ink blend the one pumpkin.  I spattered a highlighted and dotted in interest using a white gel pen and then formed a grouping I was happy with and started to adhered it all to the background panel either directly with glue or with dimensional foam tape.

I stamped just 3 images from the Fall Cleanup Crew stamp set but there are 9 critters in total in the large stamp set and numerous other images to pose them with.

I coloured the images with the following Copic marker combinations:-

Squirrels - W6, W4, W3, W1, w0
Pumpkin - YR09, YR04, Y38, Y20
Dark Pants - E49, E77
Plaid Shirt (I created the pattern) E44, E43, BG11
Lighter Brown Pants - E43, E77, E44, E43
Mint Shirt - BG11, G0000, C3, C1, C0
Mouse - C3, C1, C0
Blushes - R22, R21, R00

I added little highlights with a white gel pen and then added them to the pumpkin arrangement using foam tape.




To complete the card, I stamped the two sentiments from a selection included in the stamp set and I applied them with foam tape and I adhered several rose gold colour sequins here and there for a little uplifting sparkle and with that, this first card of the release was complete.

Thank you for joining me.  I will be back tomorrow with another card at 8am Eastern!









1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nicky I need to let you know how awesome you are! Your cards and inspiration are so wonderful and you always manage to represent all the pretty, lovely and adorable stamps from Hello Bluebird. Thank you for all you do for this nice crafty world and for sharing your gifts with us. ♥ Valentina

    ReplyDelete