Monday, March 11, 2024

My Favorite Things - March Vault Release

 





A new vault release from My Favorite Things is dropping tomorrow March 12th at 10am Eastern.  Lots to love in the form of products designed by Laina Lamb, some of you may recognise some old favourites in the mix.   My first card uses the following MFT products:-

Pretty In Plaid 6 x 6 Paper Pad

To create the card which is sized for an A6 envelope, I first created all of the layers in the back.  The largest was created from the Pretty In Plaid paper pad, 1/4 inch smaller is the Poppin' Pink layer and then finally a white layer which was again 1/4 inch smaller.




With the background layers all glued together and to the card base I then set about creating the focal point.  I used the Oval Stax Die-namics to create a focal point.  I ink blended using MFT's Caribbean Sea, Limelight and Lemon Drop inks.  I backed the oval with foam tape and applied to the white panel.

I used Cotton Candy cardstock and die cut the Flamingos.  Once die cut I ink blended using Poppin' Pink ink to add gorgeous colour and definition.  I assembled the birds, backed them with foam tape and applied them to the background.  I similarly die cut and ink blended the heart that floats above them.

I grabbed some white cardstock and loosely ink blended using the inks that formed the oval background.  From this I die cut the greenery which I arranged and glued in place.  I created the flowers with the same cardstock and ink combination for the Flamingos.  The flowers were applied with foam tape floating above the greenery.




I stamped the sentiment from Tickled Pink on a white sentiment strip and applied it over the bottom of the greenery with foam tape.

I added white highlights to the Flamingo's wings and water droplet accents to the oval background and with that this card was done!  I'll have another one tomorrow to share with you using more from this vault release.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.
















No comments:

Post a Comment