Saturday, November 5, 2022

My Favorite Things - November Release Countdown Day 3

 





It's Countdown Day 3 to the MFT Stamps November 8th release available at 10am Eastern!   Here are the products used in the making of this new project.



I started out using the two largest dies from the Stax set to create a wreath base (if you will) upon which all the greenery would be adhered, however I was sure to align the cuts on an A2 panel so that I could recess it back inside the circle opening once formed.

I stamped an A2 panel using the background stamp and Princess Pink ink.  I did this in my Misti so that I could repeat stamp several times over for a strong image.  I adhered this panel to my card base and then applied the circle opening panel over the top with glue.




I stamped the Winter Greenery images multiple times, it is amazing how much you need to really flesh out a wreath of the type that I've done.   Some images that I was going to colour I stamped in Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa and others I stamped using green inks from MFT's collection.  You'll notice that I didn't colour all images, I wanted to keep this light and wintery looking.   Those that I did colour, these were my Copic marker combinations:-

Pink - R83, R85
Green - G17, YG45
Pinecones - E44, E43, E41

Once everything was stamped and coloured I began to build the wreath, I started out with some vague symmetry and once I had the foundations down I began to built more and more by tucking greenery here and there.  I then backed the wreath with foam tape and applied it to the card background and I used Stickles Glitter to add interest to some of the fir sprigs.  I love how it turned out!




Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.















1 comment: