Friday, August 26, 2022

My Favorite Things - August Outside The Box Challenge

 





For this month's box card challenge, dig out your buildings, houses, and barns to craft anything from urban metropolises to idyllic country scenes. We want to see homes of every shape and size featured in your delightful dimensional cards. So add characters, critters, and other scene-building essentials as you see fit — just get building!

For me card I went with 'idyllic country' drawing inspiration from the landscape around me where I live and my obsession with beautiful barns.

Products used:-


I used 110lb white cover weight cardstock to form the box card and I used Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks to ink blend the feature panels.  I also splashed them with Peacock Feathers and white acrylic paint.   I stamped the sentiment which I borrowed from the 'Green Pastures' stamps set.   These panels were then glued into position on the box card.




I assembled the barn using the same white cardstock plus some Eiffel Tower prestige cardstock by MFT and glued that in place and also die cut the Heartfelt Fence twice, applying one to the back panel and one to the inside of the very front of the card.

Not much colouring on this one, just the cute goat from 'The Whole Herd' stamp set which I coloured with the following Copic markers:-

Goat - E87, E44, E43, E51, C3, C1, C00, R21, R20, R00, R000

I highlighted the goat's cheeks using a white gel pen and adhered it to the front of the card.

Finally, I die cut the Tall Trees and ink blended and distressed them using the same process as the other pieces and adhered them to the scene to nicely frame the barn.   Card complete!

Best of luck with your challenge entry - I hope my card inspired you to get crafty!



Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.








No comments:

Post a Comment