Friday, June 18, 2021

My Favorite Things - Vault Release Countdown Day 4

A warm welcome to my blog today where I'm sure a card for My Favorite Things as we start a 4 day countdown to the June 22nd release of 14 Birdie Brown stamp/die sets.   By the end of the year all of the Birdie Brown sets will have been released from the vault and will remain available.  My card today features one of my all time favourites I Knead You.   Read on for the details.







To create this card I created a panel slightly smaller than a size 6 card (finished dimensions of 6 inches x 3 1/2 inches.  I ink blended the panel using Distress Oxide Ink in Kitsch Flamingo.   I splashed it with water to distress it, blotting it up quickly with kitchen paper.    I then watered down a little Poppin' Pink Premium Dye Ink and splattered that on.   The panel was glued to a slightly larger panel of Lazy Day Prestige Cardstock and this was then adhered to the white card base I'd prepared and I made sure to size it so that a little white border shows all around the edge of the blue.




I stamped my images from I Knead You onto Copic friendly cardstock.    I coloured my images using Copic markers.  The cats were done using W00, W0, W1, W2, W4 and their cheeks in R00 and R20.  Thought bubbles were coloured with B91, W3 and W1.   Shelves with E44, E43 and E42.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen.   The images were die cut using the coordinating die-namics, they were backed with foam tape and applied.




I finished the card simply with the addition of a few sparkling clear sequins!

Happy crafting!
















7 comments:

  1. What a sweet card. I love the use of the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout...the shelves were a great layout and lived the coloring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness, love this scene and the colors! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute kitties 😸, but I love the color of the background. The blending is great and a little water splatter and a few sequins make it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your design really adds depth to the card. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card made me smile! So sweet these kitties on the shelves and all playing or amusing themselves. Or snoozing!!! I adore the hues you used too! Like cotton candy and soft and fluffy. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete