Saturday, May 15, 2021

Word Buddies Jungle - Hello Bluebird Stamps

The Word Buddies stamp sets are just the cutest addition to the Hello Bluebird Stamps product line up!  Have fun placing them around die cut sentiments and alphas or insert them into scenes as baby animals.  My card today features Word Buddies Jungle.




To create this card I started from the back and worked forwards.   I knew I wanted some lovely juicy green leaves in my card and I felt that the panel of micro gingham cardstock would really make them pop since it is a slate grey.   So I die cut that patterned paper slightly smaller than A2, backed it with white craft foam and adhered it to a white full sized A2 panel.   (In my photos that is a toning envelope tucked underneath the card).

I grabbed the Wild About You word die and die cut some 110lb white cover weight cardstock for the sentiment and set this to one side.




I grabbed some more cardstock and ink blended the entire panel with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Ink.  I then splashed the panel with some Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide loosened with a couple of drops of water.   Once that was dry I die cut the panel using the Tropical Foliage Die and then I went to each individual leaf and ink blended with a mini ink blending tool Screamin' Green Electro Pop Neon Ink by Gina K Designs and then came back in with a little Rustic Wilderness again for the edges.

Once I was happy with the overall look of the foliage I highlighted a few points with a white gel pen and then adhered them to the gingham background.   I then backed the sentiment discretely with little pieces of foam tape and adhered this too.




I had already stamped, coloured and die cut my Word Buddies Jungle images and I decided on a few that I could pose with the sentiment and I tucked them here and there and adhered.   I also added a cute little gathering of animals at the bottom of the card ... had to get that gorilla in somehow!

I added a few water droplet style embellishments as a final touch and with that the card was done!

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!










No comments:

Post a Comment